I once read about a journalist who created a mantra for holiday gift giving: something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read. I love this idea, and our family observes it *mostly*. Sometimes our little will get one or two other gifts as well. The items below fit into this mantra easily. These are the things that help make my life healthier, easier, and more fun! Enjoy! -Alegre
Something People Want
- Perplexus is a fun and addictive game/puzzle to have lying on your coffee table. It almost looks like an art object. http://amzn.to/2BMHR0I . There is even a “Death Star” one for the Star Wars fan in your life.
- Simon is another fun game to have lying around. Especially the new “Air” version which is MUCH, MUCH harder than the original and looks beautiful on the table. http://amzn.to/2BB4qoj
- Trio Ellas This band’s soulful rendition of Roy Orbinson’s Crying is absolute perfection. They are like a modern, pin-up mariachi trio. Hard to explain, but awesome to listen to. http://amzn.to/2iXbibW
- Love Actually This is my favorite holiday movie FOR ADULTS. This is absolutely not kid or office appropriate. I laugh out loud every time I watch it. Hugh Grant as the Prime Minister of England is pretty hilarious. http://amzn.to/2kwmfSl
- The Santa Clause This is my favorite family-friendly holiday movie. http://amzn.to/2B6YbMD
Something People Need
- Healthy Human Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle with Sip Lid (lid must be purchased separately) http://amzn.to/2kQ1pxm I’ve owned a lot of stainless steel water bottles in my time, but this is my favorite. It comes in a range of beautiful powder-coated
colors and patterns. The design is fantastic. First of all, it’s a high quality stainless steel and it doesn’t have any lead, unlike some other insulated brands. Secondly, it has a nice wide mouth that makes it easy to fill. Finally, I love that the handle is wide enough that I can use four fingers to carry it, which is great when you are lugging around a couple of pounds of water. Finally, it is truly no leak, and the wide spout on the sipper means you don’t get a smelly spout nor do you need to suck on the spout to drink. The sipper top even has a little metal piece that locks the lid down so it can’t pop open if you have it in a bag. The price point is high, if you can’t get this one, get a Klean Kanteen, http://amzn.to/2iI6AP7 but don’t get their sports cap (it is small and has the issues I mention), get a twist cap.
- Aloe plant http://amzn.to/2An7GGy This plant is one of those that belongs in everyone’s home. My favorite use for it is on burns whether it be from sun, fire, or boiling water (I’ve used it on all of those). They are so prolific, that I repot the babies and give them as gifts for birthdays and housewarming. Useful, hard to kill, and healing…it’s the perfect plant!
- Hat Loom http://amzn.to/2jmUTKI I’ve always wanted a hat that was white, black, and red. I found this wool yarn years ago that was perfect, but I never had the time/patience to learn how to knit something round. Then I found this circular craft loom. I created my hat while watching a movie with my family. My husband kept saying, “You made it that fast?” Yes. Yes I did.
For other gift ideas, check out my list of “11 Things that Make Life Easier & Healthier” at SmartURL.it/FollowAlegre
Something To Read
- Books by Miroslav Sasek: These books were written to be travel guides for children, and they are absolutely beautiful. I hope my child has the full set someday. http://amzn.to/2kq6UCH
- Wayne Dyer’s Childrens Books: I love reading these books as much as my child loves having them read to her http://amzn.to/2jjzDFU
- The Handmaid’s Tale This is the scariest, and most relevant, book I read this year. Every single person who cares about freedom should read it. Prepare to be uncomfortable. http://amzn.to/2krjgdJ
All information, content, and material of this website and in this document is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider.
#HolidayGifts #UsefulGifts #AlegreRamos #GiftsThatKeepGiving